Hello from the new guy...
Dear EVBC Mesonians (or it is Mesans? Masonites?),
Greetings! It is my pleasure to have accepted the call of EVBC to become the new Mesa Area Pastor. I officially stepped into this role on April 1st, and am eager to meet you all, and find out how God has been working in your lives.
As an initial blog entry, I would simply like to point out some important events ahead of us that I'm hoping you will be able to attend:
CONNECT_1 THIS SUNDAY 4/15
EVBC will be offering a Connect_1 class this week. There are already 12 signed up to attend from Mesa ... but there's always room for more! My wife Karen and I will be there, and would love to see many of you come out for this special time. It begins at 10:30 in room 100, and goes until 2:00. Lunch and child care are provided, as is an open Q&A time with Pastor Tom. If you'd like to attend, just let me know (Billhartley@EVBC.org).
CONNECT_2 MESA BEGINS 4/22
Beginning on April 22nd, Connect_2 Mesa will be offered during the 10:30 hour in room 213. This 9-week "class" is designed to foster connection in our new Area Ministry format. This is certainly a great opportunity for you who are new ... but also for all those from Mesa who would a) like to meet more Mesonians, and b) who have never been in the Connect_2 class before (which is most all of you!). If you are scheduled to serve during the 10:30 hour, please honor that commitment ... but, if you're not, I hope you'll consider attending. RSVPs are helpful - just drop me an email (BillHartley@EVBC.org).
AREA EVENT: RED MOUNTAIN PARK on 4/28
Red Mountain Park - Eagle Ramada - 7800 E. Brown Road - 3:00 - ???
We're hoping for a great turnout for our picnic in the park on Saturday the 28th.
We'll eat, play games (kids and adults), and have a great time connecting. I'll also be sharing a few thoughts about the vision for EVBC in Mesa...and we may even do some singing together! This will be an important time to gather as an Area prior to all of us going our separate ways during the summer months, so I do hope you and your family members can make it a point to be there.
House of Refuge Workday - 4/21
For those of you with a servant's heart and handy hands, please consider helping out on Saturday the 21st at our House of Refuge workday. It is scheduled to go from 7-4. If you would like to find out more about House of Refuge and the workday, please contact Dave Finney (dfinney57@cox.net)
See you soon?
Whether it's at Connect_1, Connect_2, Red Mountain Park, the House of Refuge, in your Home Group, on campus at EVBC, or shopping at Basha's, I really am looking forward to meeting you all as soon as I can. If you have any needs, concerns, or simply want to chat, please don't hesitate to be in touch (contact information is below). And stay tuned to the Blog for updates and articles designed especially for our Mesa community.
God's best to you all,
Bill
Bill Hartley
BillHartley@EVBC.org
480.889.3490 office
480.388.2635 cell
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home